Monday, April 11, 2011

TGIF and Other Observations

March 26, 2010 by Alex Flippin

Well it certainly is Friday! Early day but it’s already breezing right by. In just a matter of a couple of hours I’ll be sitting down for lunch with one of my favorite people in the world. Too bad it won’t be at one of my favorite Fayetteville establishments.

Stupid economy! No matter how many nights a week I went there, they just couldn’t stay open. AH, it’s probably a good thing. Oh well, so on to the observations.
How come when you “practice” something you’re preparing for when you actually do it, but if you’re a doctor or a lawyer – when you “practice” you’re actually doing the thing you “practiced” to do? My theory? Way back in the day someone walked in on a doctor in training while they were performing some unthinkable procedure on a loved one and the doctor said something along the lines of, “No worries. I’ve been practicing for some time now.” Reassuring much? No not really.

Imagine your sunken enthusiasm when the attorney for which you paid top dollar turns to you and says, “We’ve got this thing in the bag. I’ve been practicing for years.” Practice? To hell with practice! How long have you been taking cases and winning them?

Next on my list of observations…is anybody as upset that they’re still watching LOST as I am? Couldn’t this have all concluded a couple of seasons ago? Do we really need the “sideways flashbacks?” For the record the answer is ‘no.’ If your buddy was telling you a story that went something like this, wouldn’t you tell him to shut the hell up.
“Hey last Saturday I went to the bar and had a few drinks with my sister. We got pretty hammered and then decided to get some suhshi. That’s what really happened but if we hadn’t done that I might have been the principal of a high school in Denver. People that I will actually meet in real life one day I would have already met at the high school and nothing in my real life would have any baring on what I did there.”
I’d be like, “What dude? You think maybe you might could go tell someone else this story that isn’t me?” And I certainly wouldn’t stick around for several seasons hoping to get the real story only to hear that piece of crap because the real story wasn’t long enough to fill the time allotted during my buddies episode.
Hmmm, I’m not sure that explanation was any more concise than your average LOST episode.  Speaking of LOST, have you heard all the hub bub about Matt Fox cheating on his wife of 18 years? Everybody is like, “What would possess him to do that?” And while I totally agree that he’s scum (No joke. Cheating is absolutely deplorable in my book). I’m certainly not saying, “what would possess him to do that?”

Here’s Matt’s wife
And…here’s the girl with whom he cheated.
I’m no psychologist but I think I see what motivated him. More again before the new week. Blog 2 out y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Flippin's BLOG