Monday, April 11, 2011

Basketball, Camping or Some Such Things

April 12, 2010 by Alex Flippin (But this post isn't as originally published. Edited some stuff out)

All right all right. So it’s been a bit since my last blog and that means I gotta do a little catching up. Let me start by saying man I love string cheese and can’t believe I had no idea what it was until like three years ago. Bizarre. On to basketball. I simply can not believe the way this tournament went. Kansas going out before the tourney really even got started, then Kentucky playing like crap put my bracket in, well, the crapper…and even though the final also didn’t turn out at all like I would have hoped, I still enjoyed watching it with some of my favorite people and Micah. Just kidding Micah. Plus my bracket was good enough to beat Scott’s and that means he owes me  case of beer.
    
  FYI bald tastes like Asian chicken.
.

Now camping! This past Saturday was amazing. I don’t think there was ever a better day for camping. Clear, sunny and warm. Which was a blessing since every time we go camping, Scott has to attempt to start our fire using nothing but sticks and string.
      
Needless to say, but I’m saying it anyway. I was skeptical about the possible success of this endeavor.
   And so was Roxie. 
So skeptical, in fact, that when Scott informed me of his plan to start our campfire with nothing but twine and twigs I bet him a half case of beer that he’d fail. Here’s a short video of what I spent the beginning of my camping trip watching.    I can’t figure out how to embed it, but here’s a url.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x49XNUKCPWw
Scott now owes me a case and a half of beer. As we finally got the fire going (with a lighter) Micah and his little brother Ben showed up.
    
…and they brought some disgusting Brandy which they ended up using to breathe fire and make a small molotov cocktail (Not the drink. A small bomb made from a beer bottle, a rag and liquor). Below I’ve included a link to a little video of each. The fire-breathing was pretty cool. The “bomb”….not so much. Again, sorry I can’t embed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CztM-H9HOr0
Scott called that one. That’s him laughing hysterically in the background. He said nothing would happen and absolutely nothing happened with the exception of having some broken glass to clean up the next day. Props to Micah for having the hutzpa to throw that thing though. I stood like a mile away. Hutzpa has never been my strong suit. The fire-breathing was pretty cool though.
BLOG 4 out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on Flippin's BLOG